Foobar2000 - light weight free audio player

Lately, people have been asking me which softwares I use in my daily life for listening music, web design, and all. Today I will be speaking about the music player I use. Surprisingly enough, most people do think that winamp or windows media player are the best audio softwares down on earth, which I totally contradict.

Unlike many people, I am more into open source, light and minimal softwares. I use an audio player mainly to listen to music, not to view it's visualisation, or mod it with loads of stuffs, which will considerably eat up all my memory.

I came across Foobar2ooo some years back. At first I disliked it for it was really minimal and sort of lame with a plain interface, but I gradually fell for it. Foobar2ooo is one of the softwares I never forget to install each and everytime I format my PC. Though strictly minimal with a basic menu, it is a freeware which does satisfy my needs.
It supports some decent plugins, somewhat similar to Windows Media Player but lacks Radio stream support. The best advantage is that it uses really low memory space! It's fully customizable, minimizes to tray (decently) and I find it lovable! And up to now, I've had no problems with it, not even a single crash or memory outburst.

For those seeking further information about this
Foobar2ooo, please visit it's website for more information.

Hope that it helped out somewhere! Keep on smiling little world ^_^

I've not been blogging enough because I am working on a new website project which I hope to complete by this end of week! Yoo-hooo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment