web browser crashing due to facebook chat

Something really weird happened today. I was chatting casually with a friend on facebook and multitasking (as usual) when my Firefox suddenly crashed. My memory usage was fair and normal so I started up again, closed all my applications and started chatting again, and same happened again. I initially thought my firefox got bugged to fired up opera but this time, my opera went off! This happened everytime I used the facebook chat.

facebook chat

I googled a bit and found out the cause : the VLC addon. I desactivated it (Tools > Addons > Plugins) and it worked out perfectly! I am using an updated version of
VLC and firefox and the revamped version of facebook seemed to be as hazy as it was in the past because the tutorial which guided me was created in 2008. Lol

I hate
VLCbut am facing probs with my dearest media player classic!

Beneath, the facebook emoticons which do come handy from time to time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment